- Charity Event
- Golden Coast Adventure Faire (GCAF) is a charitable event put on specifically for local children/youth groups.
All GCAF staff are volunteers. We are all dedicated to financially supporting these youth groups.
It is the expectation that this event will be heavily attended by youth from these groups. We have the responsibility to be positive role modelsIn\Outmentors to these young individuals.
- General Information
- Location: Gibson Ranch Park. 8556 Gibson Ranch Road, Elverta, CA, 95626.
- This event is being produced by the Rogues of the Golden Coast.
- Date: Saturday, May 6, 2017 from 10am to 6pm AND Sunday, May 7, 2016 from 10am to 5pm.
- List of Officers will be on the website, along with their contact information.
- Due Dates
- Vendor Applications are due by April 30, 2017.
- Entertainer Applications are due by April 15, 2017. (Entertainers are comprised of Stage Performers, Guilds, Street Troupes, and ALL others otherwise identified.)
- Gate Lists are due by April 30, 2017.
- Weather: Please be prepared for inclement weather. Extreme heat, wind and/or rain can and do occur during this time of year. This faire is a rain or shine event.
- Adventure Faire Theme
- Where History and Imagination Collide!
- This is YOUR opportunity to think outside of the box. Some of our featured themes will be Medieval, Renaissance, Pirate, Fantasy, Steampunk, Victorian/Edwardian, and MORE!
- DON'T BREAK THE FANTASY...
- You will be identifying the theme you want to portray on your application. Please costume yourselves and decorate your Booth and/or Encampment to reflect that choice. (Costuming is a requirement for participation and is enforced.)
- Please keep BORING, MUNDANE items hidden.
- Have FUN! Develop a character you have always wanted to play! And be them!
- Fire Regulations
- All applicable codes and ordinances shall apply, including but not limited to, the Uniform Fire Code; California Code of Regulations, Title 19; and those portions of California Code of Regulations, Title 24, adopted by the State Fire Marshall.
- All tents & canopies MUST be composed of, or treated with flame retardant treatments. Proof of this must be made available to the fire inspector at time of set up. (See regulations, article 32 section 3207, for further info)
- Each vendor/guild shall have a minimum of one CA certified, current 2-A:10-B:C fire extinguisher, mounted in a visible and accessible location and no higher than 5'. And an additional fire extinguisher for each structure within an encampment. (e.g., 2 pavilions, 2 fire extinguishers; 3 pavilions, 3 fire extinguishers)
- Each fire extinguisher shall have a current California State Fire Marshal service tag and not be over 12 years of age.
- Fire Department approval will be required for open fires such as a fire ring, camping stove, candles, etc. If you intend on having one, be prepared to present your setup to the marshal during their walk around on Saturday morning. In actors’ camp NO fires will be allowed outside of the approved fire pits.
- The use of black powder or other pyrotechnic materials is expressly forbidden without advance approval from the Entertainment Coordinator.
- No smoking except in the designated smoking area(s). The smoking area(s) shall be clearly identified.
- Candles, lanterns, camp stoves, and above ground fire pits are allowed. However, a fire extinguisher MUST be nearby AND a ground barrier needs to be under fire pits.
- A minor is defined as a person under the age of 18.
- Each minor must have one legal guardian or a temporary guardian (with supporting documentation) present. Guardianship is not transferable during the weekend.
For the duration of the event the guardian is responsible for the actions and wellbeing of their wards.
- Any minor found holding or consuming alcohol, illicit drugs or in any state of intoxication is subject to immediate expulsion along with their guardian.
- All children 11 years of age and under must remain within the line of site of their guardian or within the same encampment as their guardian at all times.
- From dusk until 7am, each minor must remain within the line of site of their guardian or within the same encampment as their guardian.
- All weapons MUST be peace-tied.
- Park Grounds/Trash
- Stakes: Do not drive spikes into the ground more than 12". No digging holes. Fill in any hole let by stakes or portable holes.
- Trees: DO NOT remove any branches from trees. Any breakage may be subject to fine imposed by GCAF or Gibson Ranch Park.
- Trash: Please ensure your booth space, encampment, and\or actors’ camp area is left clean of trash, litter, and debris and all cardboard items are broken down and stacked neatly for recycling.
- Damages: Participants will be required to reimburse the operators (GCAF and/or Gibson Ranch Park) for any and all repairs/damages to any facility which occur during the event which are caused by the direct action of any booth operator/owner/guild/entertainer and/or their agents.
- Check In
- Begins on Friday, May 5th at 10am. Vendor Owners and Guild Masters/Mistresses will be given further details with their acceptance letters.
- Persons not on your gate list will need to pay $8 entry fee per person during Gibson Ranch Park operating hours. (Parking fees went up this last year and are not under our control.)
- Set Up
- Begins Friday, May 5th at 10am. Be mindful that QUIET TIME starts at 10pm as per Sacramento County Sound Ordinance.
- Event notes will be held each morning at 9am at the main stage. A representative from each guild, act, troupe, and vendor is required to attend.
- Faire Operating Hours
- All Vendor Booths and Guild Encampments must remain open and have sufficient staff to run your booth or encampment during faire operating hours. Volunteer assistance may be available.
- All vendors, guild members, entertainers, and other participants must remain in costume and character during faire operating hours.
- No vehicles permitted on site between the hours of 9am and 8pm on Saturday, 9am and 6pm on Sunday. Unless given clearance by GCAF staff.
- Tear Down
- Soft tear may begin 1 hour before closing on Sunday.
- No vehicles on site until you have been given clearance by GCAF staff.
- Please have all booths and encampments struck and moved out by noon Monday.
- Please park only in designated participant parking.
- Each car will need to have a completed ID parking pass. In(OutThese will be provided by GCAF.In)Out
- There will be limited free In\Out Privilege Parking Passes.
- Vendors will receive 2 In\Out Privilege Passes.
- Entertainers will receive 3 In\Out Privilege Passes.
- Any cars entering the park during Gibson Ranch operating hours are subject to a $8 parking fee as per Sacramento County Parks & Recreation rules.
- Any person not banded and entering the event during operating hours without the in/out parking pass will be subject to the $15 ticket fee.
- Actors’ Camp
- Camping is available and encouraged. Limited RV space is available.
- Please leave your pets at home.
- Service dogs and animals part of entertainment acts must be approved by GCAF prior to the event.
- Service dogs must be clearly identified.
- Vendor Only Additional Information
- All vendors are to provide their own booths and displays.
It is our belief that providing you with your optimum space will make for a more pleasurable experience for all involved in this event. We will do our best to provide you with your dream space, but we also need to be realistic regarding actual space available at the event. Please be sure that if you receive your dream space that you fill it accordingly.
- Vendor fees:
- Returning Vendors
- $100 through April 15th
- $200 April 16th - April 30th
- $400 May 1st - May 5th
- New Vendors
- $150 through April 15th
- $250 April 16th - April 30th
- $400 May 1st - May 5th
- Food Truck Vendors
- $200 through April 15th
- $300 April 16th - April 30th
- $450 May 1st - May 5th
- If GCAF cancels the event, your vendor fee will be refunded.
- Taxes & Seller’s Permit: All vendors shall be responsible for collecting and reporting taxes and are required to possess their own State Board of Equalization Seller’s Permit. Your original seller’s license must be displayed in your booth (A copy of your seller’s license and liability insurance information must be provided at check-in on May 5th.)
- Penalty Fees: Should Golden Coast Adventure Faire incur penalty fees imposed by the California State Board of Equalization, this fine will be passed on to the vendor(s) being found not in compliance with the state law. This means all fines, penalties, or taxes imposed on Golden Coast Adventure Faire due to noncompliance with the law are the sole responsibility of the vendor before, during, or after this event.
- Drug-Related and Risqué Items: We remind vendors that our community is very family-oriented. We do not allow any drug-related items or items of a risqué nature sold at our events. GCAF reserves the right to prohibit the sale of any item.
- Weapons: If you are selling any weapons, please encourage customers to allow you to hold merchandise at your booth for customer pick-up upon their departure.
I assume all and any responsibility for my booth and all items used to exhibit said items and will in no way hold Golden Coast Adventure Faire (GCAF) and Gibson Ranch Park (GRP), any officer or director of these previously named organizations or the county of Sacramento and any of their officers, directors or employees responsible for theft, damage to, or loss of any items having to do in any way with my booth, booth space, personal belongings or persons in general manning my booth at any time during all hours before, during, and after the official hours of the Faire, during set-up or take-down of the Faire.
I hereby authorize GCAF to use all audio and/or visual recording depicting my voice or person in character or costume for promotional publication. This authorization includes but is not limited to photographs, audio tapes, video recording, slides or other recordings.
I understand that I am limited to the number of wristbands for those listed on my gate list. I agree to submit my gate list no later than April 30th. Any additional persons to be gate-listed beyond the stated number after April 30th will incur a $5.00 fee.
GCAF and GRP enforces a drug-free environment at its events. All participants, vendors and GCAF members are expected to behave in accordance with this policy. I understand that the illegal use of controlled substance, including providing alcohol to minors, is in violation of the laws of the State of California and the policy of the GCAF. I understand that the use of illegal substances by me and\or my booth staff may result in immediate expulsion from the event.
Submission of my application is acknowledgment that I have read and agree to all rules and regulations provided for the 2017 Golden Coast Adventure Faire. In addition, I agree to inform and hold those I have gate listed accountable to the GCAF Rules, Regulations, and Important Information.